NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING (NIOS)
NIOS is "Open School" to cater to the needs of a diverse group of students of the Secondary and Senior Secondary Levels. It was originally started as a project with in-built flexibilities by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in 1979. In 1986, the National Policy on Education strengthened the Open School System for extending open learning facilities at secondary level all over the country as an independent system with its own curriculum and examination leading to certification. Since 1989, the National Open School (NOS) and renamed as NIOS in 2002, is functioning under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The NIOS is vested with the authority to register, examine and certify students registered with it up to Senior Secondary level courses, with a mission to provide relevant continuing education as an alternative to formal system, in pursuance of the normative national policy documents and in response to the need assessments of various sections of the aspiring learners seeking academic enhancement. The NIOS qualification and certificates are endorsed by every institution in India and NIOS students get admission to premier Indian institutes based on their marks.
NIOS Classes at GEC
GEC conducts National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) classes for Senior Secondary and Secondary level students since 2018. The NIOS coaching sessions at GEC offers a dedicated and gradual development platform for aspiring students to achieve higher scores in NIOS Examinations. The superior NIOS coaching sessions include lesson wise notes for each subjects, extensive and intensive worksheets and home assignments, regular examinations, individual development sessions, and personal academic tracking as well as parental feedbacks, thereby ensuring quick performance changes among the NIOS students.
- NIOS Academic Year from 01 May to 31 March every Year.
- Five Days Classes from Sunday to Thursday between 9 am and 1 pm.
- Convenient Subject-Combination for Secondary and Senior Secondary Students.
- Competitive Fee Structure Payable in Two Installments.
- Highly Qualified and Experienced Subject Wise Faculty.
- Adequately Furnished Classrooms and Audio-Visual Teaching Aids
- Laboratory Facilities at Shantiniketan Indian School.
- Three-tier Exam pattern : Weekly Exam Focus, Monthly Exam, and Quarterly Exam.
- Revision Tests and Mock Exams in February and March Prior to Final Examination.
- Personal Academic Tracking and Regular Parental Feedback.
- Remedial Sessions for Under-performing Students.
- Lesson Wise Notes and Customized Study Materials & Daily Worksheets.